Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Author Success Story -- Fallen Heroes

From Lulu Ink September 2009

"Fallen Heroes" is now on the shelves of several branches of Waterstones, including their flagship branch (where it was labeled a ‘cult hit’), which is regarded as the largest bookshop in Europe. I have, since then, done several book signings both in-store and at various conventions.

Thanks to the success of "Fallen Heroes" I now have an agent and an award winning TV and film production company has optioned the book itself. I am also working with a BBC journalist who will be adapting the story for a graphic novel to be published by Insomnia Publications.

None of this would have been possible without the easy to use and excellent print on demand infrastructure set up by Lulu. One example is the ease by which I was able to release a new edition of the book with a back cover Waterstones review and a front cover quote/recommendation from fantasy author, James Barclay.

Through self-publishing I have pushed myself to do things, in terms of self-promotion and marketing, I would never have done otherwise (signings are not my strong point!). I have learnt a lot about what it takes to not only get your work out there but what to do once it is. It’s been a journey of hard work, disappointment, lesson learning and huge moments of sheer joy.
--
We here at the Peeps never reviewed this book, but I can remember when it came out. I thought it had one of the best covers I had seen to date in the pod world. Fortunately, one of the other pod review blogs "The Podler" did review it. The Blog is now inactive but the review can still be found here.

The Pod People wish Mr. Nugent much success in his future writing endeavours. Congrats.

No comments: