Sunday, August 26, 2007

self-POD

I don't know if you have noticed how I have started to specify "self-POD". My position has generally been that the use of "POD" to mean self-published is no biggee. Sure, print on demand is used by plenty of third party publishers too but its colloquial use to mean a self-published is a ship that has sailed. I mean I used it in the title of this blog. Nevertheless I do think that it is helpful to specify self-POD, small press POD or what ever kind of POD.

I've also been thinking about a catch phrase for the blog, like: 'POD People: part of your complete bookshelf'. Thoughts?

3 comments:

veinglory said...

p.s. no open call this Sunday. I picked something off the group wiki.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I like the tag line, Emily. It gives self-POD (another term I like) a validity that's needed, I think.

Anonymous said...

I tend to stay away from using the POD acronym. I much prefer Indie (meaning self-pub) or small press.

I do love the tag-line!

Indie and small press works should be on everyones book shelf.