Saturday, December 28, 2013
BookTrakr is a site that promises to track your self-published sales from the main platfroms such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords. I am trying the beta version and would be interested in hearing from other authors trying this or similar services.
1) A really useful service especially for platfroms like kindle that are difficult to use and do not store lifetime sales data.
2) So far it seems pretty easy to use.
1) You have to give log in details for each platform which is not something everyone will be comfortable with, and it means that data is out there on another site and so more vulnerable to hacking etc.
2) Eventually this will become a service you have to pay for.
3) The sales data seems accurate except it does nto seem to count returns, but the earnings data seems way off so I would not use this for accounting.
4) I am having glitchs with some checked and accurate log in data not be accepted.