Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Update

Things have been a little quiet around here.  I have been busy at work and also developing a lifestyle where I just hang out and enjoy myself quite a lot.  That's turned out to be the upside of being a woman of a certain age.  I have a sufficiency of money and have more-or-less stopped giving a flock about a lot of things, so I spend more time just enjoying myself. That said, I do plan to  spruce things up and post some new reviews soon.

If you happen to have any interest in reviewing, we are always open to people joining in on a one-off or ongoing basis.  Just drop me a line at veinglory at gmail.com

There is one thing I would like to mention regarding authors who request reviews.  Please don't spam us.  I am getting increasingly bogged down in mass mailings and newsletters from authors.  A recent one ended with the statment:

"You are receiving this email either because you are a personal acquaintance or you because you have read and/or reviewed one of my novels. My intent is not to overwhelm you with emails but to keep in touch with updates. Thanks so much."

Just: no.

Reading or reviewing a book does not constitute agreeing to be put on a mailing list.  Going forwards any more emails of this type will be reported as spam. This means, among other things, that any future requests for reviews will be blocked.


1 comment:

Roger Lawrence said...

I tried that once and my email folder became too packed to read, so no for me as well.