The principal of Marcus Bryan and Associates, Marsha Cook, a long standing member of the Chicago Literary Agent Arena has launched a new company. Michigan Avenue Media, is a marketing firm which in addition to various public relation services, will market, mentor, and increase the exposure of today's self published authors. Mrs. Cook decided that the self publishing market lacked a voice and its authors needed a vehicle to catapult them into the arenas that were reserved for large scale publishers. Michigan Avenue Media has teamed up with several self publishing houses to act as the marketing arm for their authors.
Marsha Cook has self published five titles, all of which are available on Amazon and other national retailers, including her companies website, http://www.michiganavenuemedia.com/. After years of working with clients who felt disenchanted with the current publishing trends she saw her existing clients succeeding in this new medium. Michigan Avenue Media is also excited about the new technological advances in e-books, which will also be a large component to her client's success.
We all know that marketing for your Indie title is an overwhelming undertaking, but without some marketing, your book just won't sell. A good marketing plan costs money. Readerview, one of the more well-known Indie Marketing Companies lays out their list of services and prices right on the website. I like that. I can respect that prices vary, but at least with Readerviews I have a ballpark. Michigan Ave on the other hand doesn't seem to have any pricing listed for their services, so I imagine you need to call for quotes:
- WRITING QUERY LETTERS/ SYNOPSIS
- CONSTRUCT WEBSITES
- ILLUSTRATIONS FOR CHILDREN’S BOOK'S
- INDIVIDUAL - PR / MARKETING PROGRAMS
- ASSISTANCE – INDEPENDENT PUBLISHING MARKET
- CLIENT SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- MINI-MEDIA BLITZ - 50.00 per month for 3 months. - Mini Media Blitz is a comprehensive service that incorporates innovative public relations techniques and gets your book out to the masses. At 50.00 per month we are able to get your work in front of an enormous audience which could get the recognition you deserve. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
- FROM THE SCREEN TO THE PAGE - By using our affliliations with self publishing houses, we can take your finished manuscript and convert it into a paperback book which makes distribution easier and also makes a great gift for the author's family and friends. Please call for details and pricing.