Bethune, SC (PRWEB) April 6, 2009 -- A group of local book authors has donated their time and wisdom to launch BookProposalWriting.com, a new website to help aspiring authors write a book proposal and land a book publishing contract for a six-figure advance.
The book publishing industry holds a closely-guarded secret to getting published by a major book publisher -- the secret is writing a persuasive book proposal. Writing a successful book proposal allows book authors to earn a five or six-figure advance before they even start writing their manuscripts.
Many aspiring authors have never heard about a book proposal or how to use one to land a book publishing contract. Instead, these aspiring authors spend several months writing their books, and then grow old shopping their entire manuscripts around to busy book publishers and literary agents. It's no wonder why many aspiring authors become frustrated and give up. This way does not work today.
- Why write a book proposal first?
- How to generate ideas to write your book proposal
- How to write your book's blurb for your book proposal
- How to write your book proposal query letter.
- Hot Topics in Book Writing
- How to Get a Literary Agent
- Sit Down and Write that Bestselling Novel
- Copyright Protection for Book Authors
- Even if you decide to self-publish or write a book as an e-book or a mobile digital book, you should know how to write a book proposal.
I love this site. It's completely Free -- because it has a lot of corporate sponsors, along with one of my personal favorites WhiteSmoke, which is one of the better editing software packages out there. (I know, I own it.) Now, the Book Proposal site layout is cartoonish to add a bit of levity, and along with a ton of freebies, it includes a list of the most the important things an author needs to "friggin" learn. Stop by and check it out. I have not muddled through the site contents yet for evaluation, so I have no opinion on content accuracy. Comments are welcome. -- cannegardner